- Written by Super User
- Category: News and Updates
- Published: 25 March 2021
- Hits: 708
The DILG R6 celebrated World Water Day 2021 on March 22, 2021 at Zuri Hotel in Mandurriao, Iloilo City, through a series of activities collectively dubbed as “Knowledge Management (KM) in Motion.” This year’s theme “Valuing Water,” highlights the social, economic, cultural, and political values we place on water in the face of the pandemic, and in line with the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and AmBisyon Natin 2040.
“Water is a divine blessing, and waking up without it is like waking up in a disaster, so it is an essential part of our lives,” said DILG R6 ARD Maria Calpiza J. Sardua, as she officially welcomed the guests and participants during the activity.
Public Forum on Water Governance
DILG, in partnership with the Western Visayas Local Governance Resource Consortium conducted a Public Forum on Water Governance of the activity. Four research papers from UP Visayas and Central Philippine University were presented to LGUs and other stakeholders.
- “Analysis of Water Property Rights and Responsibilities of Rights Holders in Tigum-Aganan Watershed, Philippines” by Joy C. Lizada, PhD;
- “Spatio-Temporal Projection of Water Balance components under Climate Change Scenario of the Jalaur River Basin, Philippines” authored by Engr. Christsam Joy S. Jaspe, MEng.;
- “Institutional Arrangements of Domestic Water Provisioning in Guimaras Island”, by Rosalie A. Hall, PhD; and
- “Level III System Domestic Water Quality and Use Pattern in Selected Communities in Guimaras Island, Philippines by Prof. Emeliza C. Lozada, MSFS..
DILG-LGCDD OIC-Division Chief Christian M. Nagaynay and Lenny Rose P. Mucho, EdD of CPU were the Reactors of the forum.
Moreover, a logo-making contest for the Western Visayas iWaSH Hub was made where Jan Karlo Bebanco bagged the 1st place, Sherwin Yancy, 2nd place; and Ryan Solen, 3rd place all from CPU.