|NO. OF VACANT POSITIONS:
|NATURE OF APPOINTMENT:
||Contract of Service
||Graduate of any 4 year course, preferably relevant to social development, community development, and/or social work. Undergraduates who possess at least 3 years experience in community development, community organizing, social work, and participatory local governance may also be considered
||Should preferably have (10) hours of relevant training in community organizing, community mobilization strategies and approaches, social development, and/or Popular Education techniques and approaches
||At least 1 year of relevant, progressive work experience in community organizing and/or social development work. Experience in Participatory Local Governance will be an advantage
The successful candidate must have a strong sense of social responsibility, credible/able to work with CSOs and local government units, able to communicate verbally and in writing to various stakeholders, be fluent in the local dialect and/or a resident of the area to which he or she will be assigned and computer literate.
|Task and Functions
||The Development Management Officer II shall be directly under the Office of the Regional Director but detailed in the DILG Provincial Office and shall be operating under the supervision of the Provincial Director. His/her primary role is to assist the Development Management Officer III (Province) in:
The above tasks and functions are the basic minimum and maybe modified to suit the regional/ provincial situation or need.
- Providing direct support and assistance to the PD and other units within the provincial office in the implementation of the ADM program;
- Providing support to all covered municipalities in achieving the effective and efficient implementation of the program, and
- Ensuring that programs and activities in covered municipalities are implemented in accordance with the overall direction of the program
- Overseeing the implementation of the program’s monitoring tracks that include the following:
- Online reporting through the AM platform among all LGUs;
- Municipal Development Councils in the conduct of monitoring of all nationally funded projects; and
- Conduct of third party evaluation citizen feedback mechanism for AM program
- Help facilitate the implementation of the program’s five-year governance milestones, e.g.
- Ensure that Local Development Councils are fully functional;
- Provide assistance to LGUs in developing quality LDIPs;
- Contribute to the attainment of full service delivery system in covered municipalities;
- Help in achieving the rationalization of local plans;
- Provide support to enable LGUs to improve their asset management and resource mobilization capacity.
- Perform other tasks that maybe assigned by the Regional/Provincial Director
||For the applicants at the provincial level, the Regional Director shall determine the particular province where the applicants shall be assigned should they be hired. Preferably, the selected applicants shall be placed in the province they have indicated to be assigned in their application.
| Duration of Engagement:
||The effectivity of the contract of selected applicants is 6 MONTHS and renewable every six (6) months thereafter.