This project aims to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of local government units in their delivery of basic public goods and services to the public through anti-red tape practices, thus preventing graft and corruption in their respective jurisdiction. Specifically, it intends to provide an orientation on the anti-red tape law and its contextualization in the local government units; know and improve the LGUs’ existing systems and procedures; set up respective Citizen’s Charter to serve as the LGU service standard in a manner as provided by the Anti-Red tape Act; and provide venues for lawful enforcement through citizen’s feedback and alliance building within the community and the corruption watchdog groups.
- General Advocacy/Orientation Program. This component involves an orientation on the nuances of the Anti-Red Tape Law to the citizens of capital towns clustered in the areas of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. This also features the showcase of effective anti-red tape practices from model LGUs. Corresponding outputs include the publication of the Primer on the Anti-Red Tape Law as well as the Inventory of Best Anti-Red Tape Practices.
- Capacity Building. This is where formal training through the aid of the National and Regional partners shall be implemented. LGUs shall formulate their draft Citizen’s Charter and accompanying proposed legislation as an enabling policy. To further showcase the best practices to curb red tape, a Lakbay Aral/Benchmarking will be done locally/internationally.
- Citizen’s Feedback (Enforcement). Monitoring and evaluation features the formulation of mechanisms for complaints against LGU as well as setting up of an awards system to inspire other LGUs in replicating the best practices. This will be accomplished through the implementing national government agencies (CSC, DILG, Ombudsman) and other stakeholders.
Role of DILG:
- Assist LGUs in the formulation of Citizen’s Charter in partnership with the Civil Service Commission
- Updating and consolidating of report on the status of the organization of Local Poverty Reduction Action Team (LPRATs) and list of Local Poverty Reduction Action Officers (LPRAOs)